Have you woken up this week and felt like you are living the same day over and over? If so you are not alone! Life has shifted drastically for many as we all continue to process current events. The hysteria surrounding the corona virus pandemic has effected countless households and continues to create an unforeseeable future.
In the wake of this crisis we are left feeling major uncertainty when it comes to our professional lives and finances. The US economy is forcing businesses to close, lay off workers, and cut hours to maintain overhead. Several families are feeling emotionally exhausted and worried about what lies ahead. The need for fast cash has become so great that it is beyond what strict budgeting can do for you.
If you were effected by such situations or just flat out don’t feel safe leaving the house and would like to start creating additional income streams, i’m here to tell you that you have options. Pour yourself a glass of optimism and remember that mindset is key here..
5 possibilities for you to start generating a supplemental source of income.
Who doesn’t want to enjoy the perks of no long term commitment, setting ones own hours, while capitalizing on a money making opportunity. Have you ever made money while you sleep? Number one on our list is selling your pre-loved clothes and shoes online. This can help you stay afloat when the bills come knocking while keeping a healthy social distance between you and your customer. If you have children chances are they have outgrown several clothes and shoes that can still be worn again. Clothing and shoes are usually small and light weight which make for easy low cost shipping.
With several selling platforms out there to use here are some of my favorites for clothes and shoes
Mercari, Poshmark, Facebook Marketplace, Offer Up, Let go, Thred-up.
Tips When Selling Online:
• Use flat rate boxes that are pre priced and work the shipping cost into your asking price then offer free shipping
• Take several photos of your items and packages including screen shots of messages and tracking numbers. Lots of scammers and you may need this later.
• The pictures you post of your product are extremely important and should be clean, clear, and appealing to your target audience.
• Have fun! Like every side hustle you will need to put in the work in order to see results.
Try this out and you are almost guaranteed to be introduced to a new revenue stream that has infinite growth potential.
Here is a unique way to get some cash for your old and even broken phones while saving the planet.
Almost instantly you can receive some cash by using an Eco ATM Kiosk to recycle your device.
You will need to search for an Eco ATM Kiosk near you by visiting EcoATM.com.
After you have located the Kiosk closest to you take proper precautions by factory resetting your old phone before exchanging it for cash. The price is given based on condition, model, and current value so don’t expect a whole lot out of this side hustle, nothing this easy will do much but it can help. As always don’t forget to wash your hands and avoid touching your face after using the machine. If you don’t have a machine in your area check out these additional options for selling used electronics:
Number 3 on the list is Stock Investing
Before you dive right in, the reality is that trading for a living is a tough job, one that requires a very specific skill set and risk tolerance.
This income stream requires you to spend some serious time educating yourself about everything related to trading. Day trading or swing trading for a living does not fund itself and so you’ll need a significant amount of capital just to get started as a professional trader.
Learning how to make money trading stocks will take time, but is an achievable goal. Getting started and making money trading stocks are two different things. If you’re new to the game, follow these steps to set yourself up for success as you gain experience:
TIPS When Just Starting Out
• Research market trends and focus on a small area of the market as you gain experience as a trader. Look for reputable sources where you can stay current on breaking news and study how the news effects the stock market. Continue doing ongoing research to gain understanding of which companies are worth investing in and why.
• Create a strategy that takes advantage of the short-term fluctuations in the value of each stock. Learn when to invest, how to read the charts, and how to stay emotionally balanced while trading.
• Create an account with a trading website that you feel comfortable with. Research is key here so make sure you do your due diligence and read reviews and BBB ratings to assure the website is reputable. My recommended trading websites are TD Ameritrade and Robinhood to name a few. TD Ameritrade also offers several how to trading videos you can watch to get all the details.
• Practice makes perfect and so before you start using real money you can put your strategy to the test by paper trading first. This will help you get familiar with how trades are placed and what decisions you will make when a stock is up or down.
This can be a little overwhelming so if this just isn’t for you we are moving on to number 4.
Make Money Blogging
Now is the time to start your blogging career! If you are stuck at home and deemed non- essential you have time to be productive.
When you visit any website you will notice several Google ads. These ads are everywhere, and for good reason. Not only are they easy to set up on any basic website, but they can bring in a steady income stream. This is one way to monetize your blog which is the ultimate goal if your pursuing a profit.
Getting started is the hard part when working to blog for profit. You will need to pick a hosting platform for your blog and brainstorm ideas and themes in regards to which direction you want to take. Word press is the current platform many bloggers use today. The number of total active websites is estimated at over 1.3 billion. it is really easy to build your website and it is definitely user friendly. Click here to get you started on word press today!
After choosing your platform you will need to get a little creative here and make an appealing website to attract visitors, keeping them engaged and coming back for more. You can do so by choosing a niche you can get a lot of content out of and begin driving traffic from social media. Also hit the ground running by telling friends and family to subscribe to your blog.
After you have created a website and you have started posting on your blog feed here are some more ways you can monetize your blog to make money.
Tips to MONETIZE your blog
• Add an online course or workshop to create a stream of income by teaching others about a topic related to your niche. People like buying online courses, even when they can find the same information for free. Your online course should be easy to follow and convenient for your target audience.
• Offer life, personal, or business coaching to teach prospects how to set and attain goals, overcome challenges, or avoid risks in ways they can put to work instantly. Prove your expertise through the content you create on a regular basis. Use blogging to increase your prospects success,
• Sign up for affiliate marketing by partnering with brands and businesses that relates to the content of your website. If you mention a product or service, you link to that product or service using a unique affiliate code you receive when you sign up for that program. By doing so you will make money any time someone buys a product or service through your link. Simple as that!
Some other ways to monetize your blog to make money is by selling ad space on your site, advertising yourself as a freelance writer, or selling E-books. Blogging is most useful when you seek to help others with the content you create so make sure your blog is making an impact.
Last on our list of how to make money from home during the covid-19 pandemic is by doing freelance work.
freelancing for profit
Getting started as a freelancer gives you a lot of room for growth and freedom. You work your own hours and choose the type of jobs you will do for someone and how much you will get paid in exchange.
Websites like Fiver offer a great platform to get your work in front of people who are looking for that type of service.
Here are some examples freelancing
• Graphic designing can make money by creating and editing logos, business cards, flyers, and all kinds of advertisements for businesses. You can also create and sell already made websites for a good chunk of change.
• Become a Virtual assistant by helping to perform a variety of tasks for businesses such as scheduling blog posts, SEO, managing social media accounts, accounting/ book keeping, or customer service.
• Offer online tutoring via video sessions or live chat. You can also use this option to teach a foreign language. Due to the pandemic teaching children can be a viable option since home schooling is at an all time high.
The Facts Prove that you have options!
With a ridiculous number of ways to make money online, the ones I’ve listed here are just the tip of the iceberg. If you are passionate in your niche and have minimal creative skill, you may be able to build an online empire with much room to grow. It all boils down to how much time and focus you are willing to put into your goals. If you want to be successful start living intentionally and get your side hustle on!
I hope this list pumped you up and motivated you to get started on building your next stream of income! If you have any questions leave me a comment below and if you enjoyed this blog please share it…I would really appreciate that!
Crypto currency IS ON FIRE and gives you the ability to make money work for you! 🔥 Multiple Streams People!!! If you want to make money fast you are in the right place!! Keep on reading! The holidays are officially around the corner and the pressure is on as parents and families stress over affording […]
Have you woken up this week and felt like you are living the same day over and over? If so you are not alone! Life has shifted drastically for many as we all continue to process current events. The hysteria surrounding the corona virus pandemic has effected countless households and continues to create an unforeseeable […]
The casino staff has left the building and the strip has closed down for the first time since 1963! April 8th, 2020 the state of Nevada has reported 2,131 cases of COVID-19, an increase of 35 new cases since the day before, putting Nevada 26th on the list of states for the most cases. Out […]